Friday, May 22, 2009

Dooms day...

Finally my surgery date is set--June 15th! I can't tell you how relieved I am to finally have a date. Now I just have to worry about all the stupid paperwork that goes along with it and HR, but that's the small stuff now.

The last thing Randi, my Dr's asst said was "okay, I'll order your new parts"...I'm kinda excited to have other people's parts in me...all thanks to "stiff: the curious life of human cadavers", a fantastic book my friend Sarah told me to read. Kinda morbid but it's pretty funny mostly the way it's written.

According to my dr. there is no medical explanation why I have no pain and why I'm able to walk with pretty much no pain or walk period. He thinks I have an extremely high pain tolerance and possibly a disorder where I do not feel the full amount of pain. So if I recover quickly and have as little pain as possible, then I'll possibly be selected to be in a book on pain (it has some big long title). Not that I'm hoping to be in a book or anything, it's the least amount of pain as possible that interests me.

Any who...after my surgery I can't shower for 5 days! I just sd "that is nasty and I will figure something out!" But that's the gist. I'll take any hints from someone who has had knee/leg surgery on how to get around and do stuff, but I'll pretty much be immobile for 6 weeks (hence this lovely thing to keep me occupied).

No comments:

Post a Comment